Friday 20 August 2021

The final Twofer challenge

 The current Twofer challenge is the very last one - lots of us are going to miss the monthly challenge of using the same stamp, die or stencil to make two different cards for different occasions. This month's theme is Dog/Cat so of course I chose cat: 


Excuse the over exposed photo, the only way I could avoid having my shadow on the cards was to put them in very bright light! It's that sort of a day. The stamp I've used was bought from a cat gift shop on Facebook, there was no branding on the package so I hope it isn't made by one of those Chinese copycat places! I was very tempted to fussy cut just the tail and use it for an ostrich feather on a fancy hat, but I couldn't find the ladies head stamp I wanted to use it with, so stuck to using it conventionally. 

I am sharing this pair at Twofers - Cat/Dog 


Now a look at the separate cards. 



Received wisdom, in greetings card shops, seems to be that cats appear on cards for women and dogs on cards for men. yet almost all the men I know are cat lovers (apart from my brother, who loves dogs enough to make up for all the others) while most of the dog lovers I know are women. 
So, I wanted to make a masculine looking cat themed birthday card. With that in mind, I kept to a very restricted colour scheme of blue and black, and used pencils to colour my cat as a ginger tabby because I once heard that most ginger cats are male. I don't know how true that is, but I've only ever met one female ginger, and she was really more ginger and white. 
The sentiment is from the same stamp set as the image, and the border is made with a Darice embossing folder and colour-core card, sanded to reveal the core colour. 

I am sharing this with 

Sweet Stampin - Feature an animal  

Little Red Wagon - Animal Antics  

The Male Room - 8th Birthday  


Having failed in the ostrich feather department, I decided to make my second card a Christmas card. 


I die cut a Santa hat to add to my cat, and used patterned papers from my stash for the background. The sentiment is cut from one of the papers in my stash and the bow is from a bundle of festive goodies a friend surprised me with a few months ago. 

I am sharing this with 

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes 

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything Goes  

Christmas Crafts All Year Round - O or P - P is for Pussycat

Addicted to Stamps and More - Christmas 













15 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous stamp and beautifully coloured. Gread designs. Fab. job. with the challenge.

JanR said...

Love how you made very different cards with the same stamp! Fantastic cards! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Crafting Queen said...

I love these two cards, the cat image is adorable. Anesha x

Darnell said...

I can totally see that tail as an ostrich feather, Jane, so you get A+ for the thought that counts! And your conventional cat looks very handsome on your two cards for both a purrfect birthday card with a paw border and as a Christmas cat with a cool bow accent! Thank you for playing along in the final Twofer Card Challenge and for all the times you rocked the challenge and supported us the last four years! Hugs, Darnell

R's Rue said...

They’re so cute. Great job. Keep crafting and creating.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both a just fabulous, love the cat and the designs. Thank you so much for joining us in our Our 8th Birthday challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Karenladd said...

That cat is just adorable and I love how you paired it with that wonderful paw embossing folder! By the way, I have that same cat image as part of a set by Fiskars called Cat Friends Furever, but haven't even inked it up yet. After seeing your takes, I want to pull it out and get creative!

oldpunca said...

Gorgeous cat stamp and amazing Twofer, Jane. I like your masculine card. The cat is wonderful colored and the sentiment matches perfectly. Christmas card is fabulous with patterned papers and a cat with Santa hat. Thank you for joining the final TCC. Hugs, Sonja

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So sweet! Thanks for joining the fun with us at Sweet Stampin' this week. LOVE what you've done. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Sue said...

These are beautiful and thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin hugs Sue x

Inkyfingers said...

The lovely mix of patterns and colours in your papers make a beautiful background for your cute Christmas kittie. Such a great card!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Conniecrafter said...

Awww, so adorable!

Izzy Scrap said...

Two fabulous cards for this last challenge over at Twofer card challenge. I particularly love the Christmas card you’ve made with that cat and its Santa’s hat. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

flossbite said...

Cute cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge this month. Good luck!

Deanne Saunders said...

Cute cards!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!*Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper