Thursday 26 August 2021

Woodland wildlife

 For this card I've dug out a seldom used X Cut Build a Scene die set. It's intended for making a very dimensional card but I decided to try something different with it. 

The closed card (ignore the clothes peg, that's just to hold it closed) 

The card as it stands naturally. 

The inside. 

I used the largest die on the card blank, lightly inking around the edges then covering the back of the aperture with acetate. Then I stamped the sentiment, then cut the other layers and the owl and fox, inking the owl and fox very lightly.  Apart from the card blank, everything I used came from my snippets basket, even the acetate. It gives you a good feeling when you make a card entirely from scraps, doesn't it? I always feel it's cost me nothing, despite using dies that cost quite a lot and have only been used a couple of times, wear and tear on the stamps, dies and die cutting machine, ink, card blank and the original cost of the card I used snippets from. 

I layered the forest die cuts inside the card, using the aperture to position them, then stuck the fox and owl to the outside, having the owl mostly on the acetate so it looks as if it is suspended in mid air when the card is open. 

I am sharing this with: 

Pixie's Snippets Playground - challenge 410  

Cardz 4 Guyz - Things with tails  

Shopping Our Stash - Wood You Believe It? 



9 comments:

Liz said...

A lovely card Jane, I love how you've used the dies. xx

dj said...

I love love love your layered woodland scene and home to your "things with tails"!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh sistah this is sooooo cool!
A die set that cuts a whole scene?? Love it!
Thanks so much for playing along with the "Wood You Believe" challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! We hope you will come back and play often!

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is freaking awesome!!! I love your woodland card and especially coming from snippets too. Thanks for playing along at Pixies Crafty Workshop. Bonnie GDT

Karenladd said...

Oh, I love the way you used the largest die to cut right into your card front and frame the woodland scene. What wonderful dimension, and great use of snippets! I have some of these Build a Scene dies and really wanted this one, but they were out of stock when I got mine. You did such a beautiful job with it.

Sarn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarn said...

And what a great scenic card it is too Jane! (Apologies for the earlier incorrect name I put in the comment, hence the deletion!)

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

LOVE this card Jane - how clever and such a good idea/variation. Tip is you haven't ever tried - I use non-permananent tape runner for cards I want to hold closed for photos - it just rubs off with a (clean - ask me how I know) finger. However - I need smiles right now so your peg works perfectly!

Hugs

Di xx

Sue Jackson said...

That die set is fabulous! Love all the depth it gives to this gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz!