Wednesday 14 November 2018

An easy easel card at Back to Basics

It's time for our new challenge at Back to Basics and this time we would like to see a simple easel card. Don't forget that as we are a technique challenge, the subject matter can be anything you wish!

And this time I wished..... PIRATES.



I printed a "treasure map" from a CD and distressed the edges and added to the top and bottom panels of my card. The cute pirate, sentiment, treasure chest and barrel are stamped with a Clearly Besotted stamp set and I've finished it off with a few bright stickers.  To make the stand, I scored a 4.5cm piece of card, wide enough to hold the images,  at 1, 2, 3 and 4 cm  then stuck the narrow flap inside the first panel to form a square tube. Sticking the base of it down to the card means it will fold flat when the card is closed, and stand up to act as a stopper for the front panel when it is open.

3 comments:

meg said...

wonderful fun card Jane

Karen Dunleavey said...

Good morning Jane, I'm here at last. Love the card.

Margarets designer cards said...

Great fun card, perfect for a little boys birthday