Sunday 11 November 2018

Going up the walls!

You know when you are feeling stressed or angry, people sometimes say you are "going up the walls"? Well, I reckon this kitty is doing exactly that!


And look where it's got him - he's torn the wallpaper, and now he's hanging on by his claws! I won this stamp set in the Snippets Playground so it seems highly appropriate that I should use them for a snippets make. I chose scraps that resembled wallpaper and floorboards, and stamped the cat and claw marks on the wallpaper so I knew where to tear, then stamped the cat again on a snippet of white and fussy cut it to stick it over the one on the wallpaper. As well as positioning the claw marks, it also meant I didn't need to try to fussy cut the whiskers!

As well as sharing this in the Snippets Playground, I am sharing it at Shopping Our Stash where the challenge is It's Raining Cats and Dogs.

14 comments:

Aquarius said...

That was a lucky win - great card you've made with it as well.

Crafting Queen said...

I love this image, wonderful card!!!

Mrs A. said...

This is brilliant. Love how you have created the wallpaper and the floor boards. I have

Mrs A. said...

Well I was going to say I have this stamp too (before blogger so rudely interrupted me) and used it for my grandson. Hugs Mrs A.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh!! this card is a riot, I'm totally LOL right now.
Love how you tore the wallpaper and hung the kitty there, looks so darn familiar only our kitty does it on our drapes, sheeesh!!
Fabulous and super funny card, thank you so much for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again next time.
Hugs.

Barbara Godden said...

Oh my gosh this is awesome, Our kitty did it to our mini blinds. they are all the same lol. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for it's raining cats and dogs.

Di said...

Fabulous card Jane and wonderful to see you using the stamp set you won! And, I love how you made this, the wallpaper is a great touch and also how you added the stamping as well as the kitty's body. Fun!

Great to see you in the Snippets Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

crafty-stamper said...

That is absolutely brilliant great image and love the torn wallpaper and claw marks definitely inspired
Carol x

lauren bergold said...

what an amazing card!!! such a perfect balance of elements and the torn wall paper is flippin' BRILLIANT! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (raining cats and dogs!) STASH with us this week! ♥

Chris Dring said...

This is by far one of my favorite cards of yours! Absolutely GENIUS!! Thanks for linking up this fabulous card at Shopping Our Stash!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

OMGEEEE! I love, love, love your card!! Thanks for the giggle! Cyndi, DT for Shopping Our Stash

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sistah!!!!
This card is like the best kitty card I have EVER seen!!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us and for playing along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for "It's Raining Cats & Dogs"

Darnell said...

The best snippets make ever and the funniest card I've seen in a long time, Jane! If that doesn't cheer up the recipient, nothing will! It is everything!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

Mimi said...

All-around winner! Love the way he's (she's?) torn the wallpaper, love the choices for wallpaper and floor, and love the sentiments!