Sunday 25 November 2018

Blue and White at CD Sundays

Our latest challenge at CD Sundays is a colour challenge - Blue and White.

It's a colour combo that always makes me think of the Willow Pattern, and I've used a paper and topper from Joanna Sheen's old CD "Oriental Dreams" that reminds me very much of the Willow Pattern design.


I've added a die cut Oriental scene -  the die was a gift but I think it is also a Joanna Sheen one - and used matting and peel offs to "frame" the image. Incidentally if, like me, you have a huge stash of old peel offs from when they were popular 15-20 years ago, take great care if and when you decide to use them. I found that some of mine have gone very brittle and tend to break up when you remove them from the backing.

Incidentally did you know that the Willow Pattern itself isn't actually Oriental, although it is clearly inspired by it? It originated in England in the mid-19th century.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

A great card with a lovely image. I didn't know that about willow pattern so thank you I've learnt something new today :-)
Jocelyn x

Carol said...

Lovely card Jane. I did know about the Willow Pattern being English. I used to dabble in Antiques and you learn these things along the way. Good tip about the peel-offs.
Hugs
Carol
xx

meg said...

Beautiful card with gorgeous image and die cut