Sunday 17 November 2019

CASE-ing myself

I have a screensaver that shows me a series of random photos from my entire collection and  yesterday it showed me one I made about 5 years ago which inspired me to recreate it in a slightly different way. Annoyingly once it had flashed off the screen I couldn't locate it among my zillions of photos so I can't show it to you for comparison.


Mark says this reminds him of the San Ignacio Lagoon in Mexico where we went on a whale watching trip about 25 years ago. But the birds flying past then would have been pelicans, rather than geese, and they fly in a line rather than a V.

I made the landscape by tearing card and paper - for the water, I chose paper that was blue on one side only, and used a tearing ruler to get a straight-but-rough line to look like breaking waves.

I placed the torn strips on the card to gauge the position of  the rising sun then removed  them and sponged in yellow and orange inks to give a sunrise. Then I stuck the torn strips in place and added a stamped sentiment.

I am sharing this with

Addicted to CAS - Birthday


Alphabet Challenge - Quick and Easy 

Less is More - That's Torn It 


7 comments:

Macimbalo said...

So pretty! Love the torn edges! Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS!

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous way to create a scene. It's brilliant. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love it!

Kathyk said...

WOWser, a "torn" scene? Fabulous idea, Jane and loving your sun and birds

Kathyk

Nonni said...

Wow, so creative! Love the scene you created with your torn card stock and the small stamped bird image is perfect! The proportions of this card have great depth. Thank you for joining us at Less Is More!

Cazro said...

Wow!Jane this is awesome, I may have to CASE you. I wish I was choosing winners the letter Q. Thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

Raga Senthil said...

Wonderful ripped layers! Love the torn edges! Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS challenge.