Saturday 6 June 2020

Butterflies and swirls

I was pleased to see that the current challenge at Shopping Our Stash is Stickers, because I keep seeing this part used sticker set in my stash and thinking I really must use some of them again. But you know, once they are gone, I won't have them any more....


I've had them in my stash for years and years - the garden centre craft shop I bought them from closed down about 15 years ago so they are at least that old.  To go with them, I chose this NBUS Linda Luckin stamp of about the same vintage (I bought a whole sheet of rubber just for one of the stamps on it and had never even cut the rest out, so I have several more NBUS swirls to play with now I've rediscovered it), which I stamped and heat embossed with my very newest item of NBUS, "Serene" embossing blend from WOW.  It's a lovely blend of aqua, white, black and sparkly powders that give the embossing varied textures as well as colours. The dotty trails on the swirl echo those on the butterflies, and to link them together even more, I added gold liquid Pearls to a few of the dots.

I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment, then used a marker and ruler to frame the card. Finally, the large butterfly did't look quite right as its head was made from a large brown gem, so i carefully eased the gem off and replaced it with an aqua one.

I'm sharing this with

Shopping Our Stash - Stickers 

A Bit More Time To Craft Extra - Anything Goes 

NBUS - NBUS (Never before used schtuff)

Oh, and I still have one of the butterfly stickers left, so I haven't not got them now after all!

8 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super, what agreat card. I have so many stickers for crafting but have never got round to using them either!! Hazelx

Liz said...

Super card, Jane. I have so many stickers and peeloffs, even though I've given so many away. xx

Lisa Bird said...

Beautiful card, I too have lots of stickers in drawers. Maybe it's time to get them out :)
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

scrappymo! said...

Nice to meet up with you at the NBUS challenge.
Now that we have lots of time to craft, it is a good time to try out some NBUS!

Your card looks great. Loving that vintage looking stamp!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhh this is so pretty sistah!
I am a sucker for butterflies...and your gold ones are so lovely!
Thanks for breaking out your stickers to play along with the crafty crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Dawn Phillips said...

Haven't used stickers in years. I like yours. I don't remember being able to make mine look as good as this on a card. Love Dawn x

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, this is just beautiful. Those stickers are elegant and made a terrific card.

Darnell said...

What is not to love about this swirly delight, Jane?! Every little detail is just gorgeous and it's so awesome that you finally used them after an eternity! They've been set free and, by the way, thank you for replacing the gem on that big one so it wouldn't be weighed down and could fly, too! And thank you for the reminder of how we used to frame with our markers and rulers ... forgot how great that works, and looks! And, finally, thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care! Hugs, Darnell