Friday 12 June 2020

Sunflowers and Butterflies

How typical, a wet gloomy day and what do I do? Make a card with sunflowers on it!



The papers, topper and borders I've used are all printed out from Debbie Moore's "Sunflower Dreams" CD. Usually when I choose not to mat papers, I finish the edges in some way - distressing, inking, faux stitching - and today I decided to go really "old school" and finish them with peel-offs.
I've added a panel of plain yellow paper to the outside back of the card since there's nowhere really on the inside to write a greeting. Naturally the panel is also edged with peel offs!

I am sharing this with

Butterfly Challenge - Z for Z fold card (just the card shape this time) 

CD Sunday Plus - anything goes 

Cardz 4 Galz - more then one score 


12 comments:

Kathyk said...

And it's delightful! Especially as it's been chucking it down here!

Happy Friday

Kathyk

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a pretty fun fold card! Love the designer paper and I don't even know what peel offs are but suddenly I NEED some! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

Carol said...

I love the card and your comments Jane. They always make me smile. We need the sunshine image - especially today. Thank you for joining us again.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Seafield Jo said...

Hi Jane, I love sunflowers, they always make me smile and your card has done just that. I love the style of your card too.

Thanks for joining our challenge.

Jo xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

scrappymo! said...

Love this wonderful fold you used here! Great card!

Mrs A. said...

Bring back the sunshine but until then your card will do perfectly to brighten any day. Your edging looks like zig zags!! Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me for the last challenge in the current alphabet.
Hugs Mrs A.

Pamela said...

I love that backing paper Jane and well done on using peel offs!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Jocelyn said...

A lovely card, great to see sunflowers. They are such cheerful flowers. Nice to see some peel offs. I still have far too many in my stash so it is nice to use some every now and then.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Wynn said...

Lovely bright cheerful card Jane. It would brighten up any gloomy day. Love the card style too and the sentiment. Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSunday Plus Wynn DT

Helen said...

Beautiful - such a great, cheerful design.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Helen x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Jane! The combination of old and new elements on your beautifully detailed Z-fold card, are just marvelous! One of my favorite things is to use old stash, with the newer techniques. You've done this inspirationally! Gorgeous creation, right down to the meticulously placed peel-offs! hugs, de

Margarets designer cards said...

Great card, I love this CD, and the beautiful images on it,
its a card to cheer anyone up on a dull day
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT