Saturday 13 June 2020

UFO spotting #2

It's still UFO (unfinished object) tome over at Shopping Our Stash  and I've used a couple of UFOs on this card.


 The topper has been hanging about in my UFO box for 3 or 4 years - I was experimenting with using peel-offs as masks. I put the peel off of Tutankhamen's death mask onto card then sponged gold Alchemy Wax over it. I peeled off the sticker (and wiped the wax off for reuse - see my next UFO post!) to leave the negative image.

The background is one I made a few weeks ago when I was playing with a new stencil. I  had made it to use in an emboss resist challenge then realised that the challenge was a CAS one and there's nothing CAS about this. I sponged clear embossing ink through the stencil onto white card, then removed the stencil and heat embossed with clear powder. Then I sponged gold ink over the whole  piece and buffed it off the embossed areas.

Some black matting to make the gold stand out and a sentiment that rather sums up the Pharaohs were the only new stash needed.

Now, some of the Sistahs at SOSS are also on the DT of SOS, so by combining the two challenges I'm being utterly noble and saving you from having to make two visits - today at any rate. Isn't that noble of me?

So, I'm dropping in for a second visit (of who knows how many!) at Shopping Our Stash  while also sharing the techniques of peel-off as mask and stencilled embossed resist at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.  How very efficient of me!





6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card - what a great technique to share. I've never thought use peel offs in this way. I have a few that might give a good effect, Jo x

Lindsey said...

Aha, I see we're both using SOS as a good reason to use up some stash! I love both the techniques used here, and of course the card itself is perfection! Always fun to see you in the Snarky gallery!

Helen said...

LOVE that background with the white ep! Awesome card!! Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! ((HUGS)) Helen

JulieP said...

This is so perfect for both challenges!!! Those backgrounds are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sisterhood!

Chris Dring said...

What a cool technique to use peel offs as a mask. This is perfect for both Shopping Our Stash and the Sisterhood of Snarky Sisters!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh sistah this is soooo super cool!!!
Thanks for sharing your technique and playing along with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!
Also, thanks for joining the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH!!