Friday 12 June 2020

UFO spotting #1

The current challenge at Shopping Our Stash could have been made with me in mind - we're being asked to use our UFOs aka UnFinished Objects. Those backgrounds we made that didn't quite work with the topper we had in mind, the die cuts that we cut too many of, the stamped images and experiments we set aside for later.....


Well... as you can see, I do have a few UFOs hanging around...  

So here goes with the first of my UFO makes. 


This die cut peacock was one of a pair I cut a few months ago from a piece of card I'd inked specifically for the purpose. I used one and set aside the other to use "in a day or two". As you do. The blue green inky background was just the right colours for it. That has been in my UFO box for so long I can't remember when or how I made it. I chose a piece of bleach-sprayed burgundy card from the UFO box to back the peacock, knowing that I still had plenty of the plain burgundy left for matting the background, due to a slight "user error" some years ago when ordering burgundy card online, when instead of the "10 sheets" box I clicked the "100 sheets" one and was too proud to admit my mistake and ask for a refund. Proud as a peacock, perhaps? 

The sentiment is cut from a very old Cuttlebug die and I've had it lurking for so long that I've lost the dots for the i's. But little blue pearls work very nicely with the blues in the card! 

So that's my first finished UFO card... I'll be back over the weekend with more. Look out, Shopping Our Stash - this may be a busy week for you! 

5 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Pretty as a peacock indeed!

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Jane! I love your UFO project! I have a peacock somewhere in one of my "orphans and widows" baskets. I will have to dig it out. Thanks for the fabulous project and thanks for the inspiration.

There is no limit on the number of entries, so knock yourself out! I look forward to seeing what you make.

Thanks for playing along at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, DT

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, the colouring on the peacock is gorgeous. Shame you lost the sentiments tittles. lol. Awsome ufo card for the Shopping Our Stash challenge.

Chris Dring said...

This is a wonderful use of your UFO's! I'm glad that I'm not the only one with a very impressive UFO stash to go through. (love that T-Rex die cut, BTW!)Thanks for joining the fun at Shopping Our Stash!

lauren bergold said...

oooooh that's a beautiful card and i love that you showed the UFO pile, as well! (my worktable often looks EXACTLY like that lol!) thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this fortnight! ♥