Monday 15 February 2021

His and Hers

 I've had the Indigo Blu magazine kit for several months now and although it no longer has a permanent place out on my workdesk, it never gets chance to venture far away. The current Twofer challenge is Balloons, and  although I'm sure the intention was party balloons, I just HAD to use the hot air balloon stamp from the kit. So I've made not just two different styles and occasions, I've also made cards aimed at two different genders. 


This is my entry for the Twofer card challenge - Balloons


Now a look at the two cards separately. 


For this card I used the Indigo Blu balloon stamp and sentiment, plus elements from a couple of favourite Creative Stamping covermount sets. It's meant to be a Bon Voyage card although it could equally well work for anyone setting out on a new venture. I made the background by repeatedly stamping a text block stamp to fill the card, them stamped the balloon  and the houndstooth check stamps around the sides. I thought the map stamp reminded me of a pair of goggles, which ties in nicely with "a new way of looking at things" and used foam pads to attach them. 

I am sharing this with 

Allsorts Challenge - Masculine 

The Male Room - Steampunk  (Is it or isn't it? The absence of cogs makes me wonder, and yet the balloon and mock-goggle effect say Steampunk to me!) 

 

And now onto one for the girls... 



This time I smooshed the card with shades of pink DI, and stamped the butterfly from a Creative Stamping set randomly over it with the darkest of the pinks. I don't know how often I've used this stamp before - many times, yet I have only just noticed that the body of the insect is actually a pen - isn't that wonderful? Then I used the embossing folder from the Indigo Blu kit to emboss one corner of the panel,  lightly rubbed a brown inkpad over it and distressed the edges, before stamping the balloon and the birthday sentiments to fill the rest of the card. 

I am sharing this with 

Cardz 4 Galz - Pink and Brown  

Addicted to Stamps and More - Birthdays  

Watercooler Wednesdays - All About Occasions 




15 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Both are just fabulous, I can see why this kit never goes to far!

Thank you for sharing with us at 'Cardz 4 Galz ' this fortnight
Stay safe
Hugs Shell xx

Karen Brown said...

Two fabulous cards! I love all the detail and mixed media vibe. Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Ellibelle said...

They are both beautiful and so nicely done!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellibelle's Corner

Kathleen said...

A super maculine creation, great images and background. Thank you for joining our 'Masculine' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Created by Kath said...

Great His & Her cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

Brenda said...

A hot air balloon is still a balloon and I love your take on the Twofer challenge! Both cards are beautiful, love the soft pinks of the first card. The balloon is a cool stamp, loving the butterflies and the embossing. Your second card is nice and masculine, loving the images with the hot air balloon. The sentiment is fabulous and so true! Hugs, Brenda

Andreja said...

What a beautiful steampunk cards you made :-))
Thanks for joining us at the The Male Room Craft Challenge ❤️ Hope to see you at the next challenge, too.

Happy Dance said...

Jane, these are just wonderful! I do love pink and brown together, and your birthday card is lovely and girly. The embossing and light inking you've done in the corner makes this card extra special - added dimension and beauty. Love your Bon Voyage card is very cool, and I think it would make an excellent 'encouragement' card as well. What a great sentiment! So happy you've shared your duo with us at The Twofer Challenge! Thanks, and stay safe. Bev

foleysfriend said...

Loving the details of your "girl" card. The background you created is lovely and I really like the embossed corner. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Darnell said...

Hot air balloons are A-OK, too, Jane! I usually say that in my post and best go and add it. I love the two designs you created! You have not only met the criteria perfectly for two different designs, but I love that you made them for two different genders! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #35! Take care and keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Linby said...

Brilliant designs and I love the girly version, it's fab. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge with the masculine version this week.

Liz said...

Congratulations on your win over in the Allsorts Challenge with your beautiful card. xx

Bonnie said...

Both of these cards are amazing, Jane! I love the embossing on the more feminine card, and the butterflies as well as the hot air balloon! The globes do resemble goggles and fit perfectly with the sentiment on the masculine card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

Goga said...

FantastiC steampunk card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room challenge. Goga

Helen said...

Two great cards. Love the words on the male version.

Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

Helen x