Monday 1 February 2021

Herringbone Butterfly

 When I saw the latest Butterfly Challenge, I thought what a great way it was to use snippets. 


I took snippets of brown (Hazel) embossed card, yellow (Hansa yellow) patterned paper  and plain orange (Heatwave) paper, and stamped tiny butterflies all over the orange paper in brown ink.  I wanted to have lots of white to give it a light, airy look, so I positioned the strips with narrow white gaps between leaving a slightly wider one where the blocks changed direction. The central gap left a perfect "gulley" around which to tie my hemp twine. Then I added a stamped sentiment, using a very old Polkadoodles stamp, and a die cut butterfly, both positioned over the direction change lines. 

I am sharing this with

Butterfly Challenge - I've used all the elements

Pixie's Snippets Playground - challenge 395 




4 comments:

Kath said...

A lovely herringbone card - love your design.
Kath x

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Beautiful! Love your design and colors.
Nice to see you in my blog too ;)

Di said...

Super herringbone card Jane and so perfect for snippets as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

I like how you have taken version I and made it your own variation. I love the wider gaps making the cross bars and a brilliant idea to use one for the hemp.
Thankyoy for coming and spinning the wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.