Tuesday 23 February 2021

Rainbow dragonflies

 It's a while since I last used this lovely Woodware dragonfly stamp, spring must be in the air tempting me to use it again. 


I made a rainbow background with watercolours then stamped the image using Versafine ink.  Usually I get a good image using Versafine on this particular watercolour paper, but I think maybe my inkpad needs replacing as I stamped repeatedly several times and it was still blotchy. The flowers and details were OK but not the large solid areas of the dragonflies. However I remedied it AND added extra interest to the card, by stamping again onto vellum, where I got a much better image, cutting out the dragonflies and attaching them over the original ones, sticking down just the bodies to leave the wings free. 

A bold sentiment (I think it's an Altenew stamp) finishes it off. 

I am sharing this with

Stamping Sensations - Colour My World 

Just Us Girls - Rainbow Colours  






7 comments:

Mariann Jakobsen said...

WOW Beautiful rainbow background! Love the colors!! Then the image in black OMG Awesome!!! The sentiment is also Amazing! This card is totally stunning!!!
Stay safe and take care!
Welcome to visit my blog ;)

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful colourful card. Would be perfect for Stamping Sensations 'Colour my world' theme. Anesha x

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful Jane. I really must get my dragonfly stamps out and use them! Hugs Mrs .A.

brenda said...

A beautifully bright and happy creation and perfect for our 'Colour my World' theme at Stamping Sensations February challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Ina G said...

Love this card Jane. All the bits and bobs surrounding those beautiful dragonflies. Gorgeous rainbow background. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.

Tracy said...

Thank you for joining Stamping Sensations with this fantastic entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Marlies said...

You have made a beautiful background for the dragon flies. A gorgeous card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies