Sunday 8 July 2018

A Gardeners World at CD Sundays

Our new challenge at CD  Sundays is A Gardeners World.

Our garden is used mostly for growing veg, so this decoupage from the CD The Best of la Pashe 2014 really appealed to me - look at the size of those leeks!



The background is from the same CD, and the fainter copy of the image that I've used as an extra layer - well, I have a confession to make. When I started printing my decoupage, I realised that the last thing I'd printed had been in draft format and the printer hadn't reset itself to my preferred settings. So I had this rather washed-out page. Rather than throw it away, I thought I'd make some use of it - the rest of the sheet will be used as scrap paper for testing stamps or cutting masks.

The sentiment is stamped using the Hero Arts Stamp Your Own Salad set and the watering can is cut with a die from the First Edition Garden die set.

As you probably know, our garden is a vegetable garden - Mark is convinced that anything you can't eat is a weed. Here is a photo of it, earlier in the year.

 
So you can see why I am sharing this with the Allsorts challenge - in my Garden. I'm sure Brenda was hoping to see flowers, but flowers are only welcome here if they are going to grow up into runner beans, cucumbers or tomatoes!

11 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Fun sentiment on a lovely card Jane. Love Dawn x

Hazel (Didos) said...

What a great card,love it and boy he could win prizes for those leeks!! Hazelx

Carol said...

Hi Jane. Great card and a super photo of your garden. It looks very similar to my sisters garden in Bristol - many vegetables but she does have some flowers.. I am no gardener I am afraid. I have a grasses garden and shrubs and grass.
Hugs
Carol xx

meg said...

you and the chap on your card have very productive gardens, love the card great layout and image

Seafield Jo said...

Oh wow, what a great garden you have. I used to love growing fruit and veg but had to give it up when my disability took hold! Your card is fabulous, such fun. I love your layout and the addition of the twine and watering can and the sentiment made me smile. Jo x

Crafting Queen said...

Great card and I love your garden!

Darnell said...

Wow, what a stunning card for a gardener! I love it and the punny sediment! And a second WOW for how neat and beautiful your veggie garden is! There is nary a tendril out of place! Hugs, Darnell

Ellibelle said...

A perfect card for our "in my garden" theme at Allsorts, what a great image for the theme!
And your garden looks amazing, sadly mine has overgrown with weeds while I was on vacation, and they seem to multiply each time I pull them. Can you tell I'm not the greatest gardener LOL, but I sure love my homegrown veggies!

Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!

brenda said...

Well Jane, you can't get an image more fitting for our theme than this one. And I have to say your veggie garden is so organised, could be right out of a TV gardening show. Perfect for our 'In my Garden' theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Margarets designer cards said...

Brilliant card, love the veg image
Your veg plot looks very productive, Hope you are managing to keep it going in this heatwave,
All we have in runner beans in big tubs and some tomatoe plants this year, I tried when I moved in with Vernon to make an easy garden of shrubs and plants that come year after year, unfortunately it’s looking very dry but weeds are still growing.

Jocelyn said...

This card really does look like your own garden :-) Love the addition of the garden twine.
Jocelyn x