Tuesday 31 July 2018

Quick and Christmassy

I'm not suggesting that, while July isn't quite over, we need to get our skates on with Christmas cards, but after a couple of weeks of being too hot to do much crafting I'm making a few quickies to catch up. And when I took my quarterly bundle of cards into the charity shop this week, it dawned on me that next time I go they will be wanting Christmas cards, so I'd better get a squirt on.

I timed this card - 6 minutes from start to finish, although if I'd had to make the background from scratch there would have been about a minute's more work and half an hour of drying time.



The background is a mixture of turquoise and lime inks, sponged on, spritzed and blotted. I made it last week when we had eldest granddaughter here for the day and I was able to show her some of the messier techniques we tend to avoid when Naughty Little Sister is around. (Although once the brushos came out, Big Sister got messy too, but that's a risk her parents take when they leave me and her together unsupervised!). I made this one with the "Blog banner inspired" challenge at Jingle Belles  in mind and managed to hide it away before granddaughter started die cutting shapes out of her work...

So, the background came out to play again today, and I stamped and embossed snowflakes in gold, using Uniko's Falling Snowflakes stamps, then cut a strip to fit across the card and mounted it on black card which I trimmed with scallop-effect scissors. The gold snowflakes are inspired by the gold stars on the Jingle Belles banner background and the scallop edges by the, er, scallop edge.

The sentiment is also a Uniko stamp, Festive Sentiments.

I am sharing this with Jingle Belles - Blog Banner Inspired


Inkspirational - Make a card in 10 mins or less

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Such a pretty card, Jane! Your granddaughters must have a blast crafting with you :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a lovely make, Hazelx

SmilynStef said...

Love the embossed stars ... creating with my Grandma are some of my favorite memories ... so fun to see you're creating those memories too ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

cuilliesocks said...

I love the simplicity of this card and lovely colours, super design, Kate x

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW, what an amazing card, that background is incredibly lovely and PERFECT for this! you've made it into a perfect card, as well, just the right amount of additions, i am in awe you could do so in less than 10 min??!! thanks for joining our banner-inspired fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Marina said...

Smiling at your story of your grandaughters! I love that this card is both artsy and cas - beautiful colours and sure to be snapped up. Keep cool! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.