Wednesday 25 July 2018

Green all over

… unlike most of the grass around here which is looking brown and dry due to the heatwave!


The stamp I've used for this is one of those Fiskars ones that is supposed to attach round a roller. I got several stamps and the roller about 5 years ago and just never got on with the roller, in fact it ended up in the bin. And I'm afraid this pretty stamp has stayed NBUS in its unopened packet ever since.

But now I have a Misti, I don't need to worry about not having a long enough acrylic block, so my bigger stamps are getting a new lease of life. For this card I used two shades of green ink, stamping the whole image in the lighter shade and then, without cleaning the stamp, adding darker ink to the top and bottom edges and stamping again. The sentiment is a very, very old stamp whose origins are lost somewhere in the mists of time - possibly from when Dimension Fourth had a stamp of the month club?

The two papers I have used are, in real life, very similar shades of green to the stamping (thanks, camera!) and the lighter green has a slightly woven, fabric-like look. The floral border is made with a Martha Stewart punch.

I am sharing this with Retro Rubber  where I have used the sketch but moved the sentiment to the bottom of the card as it looked better on my card.

RRCB 91

6 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card. Bet is was nice to use stuff you had for a long time.

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a pretty card! I am so glad that you got to use an old stamp that needed to feel some ink. Inking some greenery was smart - sure wish I thought of that! We are also needing rain although we had a nice soaker a couple of days ago, so keeping my hopes up that the weather will be better now. Thank you for playing with us at Retro rubber and hope you can join us again soon.

Jan Clothier said...

Very pretty card! It's so true that misti - or Stamparatus - lets you use big stamps so easily. I like your multi-green vine a lot. Thank you for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

creative lady said...

Love your card, love the lace border you used on it and love the vines. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber.

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card love the stamp and punched borders-we desperate for some rain and cooler air
Carol x

Claire Grantham said...

Oh wow! I love the colour scheme. The vines are beautiful and a great way to use the bigger stamps that you had. Thanks for playing along this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT