Wednesday 25 July 2018

Use an embossing folder at Back to Basics

For this fortnight's challenge at Back to Basics, we would like you to use an embossing folder.

The folder I have used is one of the newer designs spawned by the old favourite "That folder". This one, and the sentiment stamps to go with it, was a cover mount on Papercraft Essentials earlier this year.


I embossed it twice, once with Core-dinations card, black with a pink core, and again with a snippet of white   that just covered the central curved band. I trimmed the excess away from the white and stamped the sentiment and a couple of tiny butterflies in the smooth space.

Then I sanded the black card to allow the pink to show through, lightly sanding the edges too, and assembled the card. I finished it off with a die cut butterfly, using a Spellbinders die.

I am sharing this with
Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything Goes

10 comments:

meg said...

perfect example of what can be done with an embossing folder and little else

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful Jane, I love the design and the sanded back black card is so effective, Kate x x

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! This is one of the loveliest EFs I've ever seen, Jane, and your use of pale pink on the black is amazing in bringing out the gorgeous details! Wonderful card! hugs, de

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card, great embossing folder.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a great card, Hazelx

Joy Wilson said...

Very pretty card. I love the sanded paper. Thank you for joining us and good luck!

Hugs, Joy
craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Cazro said...

I missed out on THAT folder. It is a gorgeous card, I love the pink and black Core-dinations. Caz

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love how this turned out with the great embossing. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, they are so useful these embossing folders,
I love the way you designed your card.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the effect of the sanded embossing
Carol x