Saturday 14 July 2018

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #114 - Colouring

Today at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Edna wants us to use our colouring skillz.



Now colouring isn't really my strong point, especially when it comes to detail, but I recently won some sweet large image stamps from Daisy Mae designs which just cry out to be coloured carefully, so I decided to play with the Owl On A Swing stamp.


I added a branch stamped with a magazine freebie stamp then coloured the image with Promarkers. I did worry about giving the owl blue eyes - I know owls don't have blue eyes, but then they don't wear dungarees either and  an owl would be more likely to stick a mouse in its beak than in its pocket, so I think those blue eyes are perfectly acceptable.

I fussy cut the branch end of the image and inked the edges of the rest, layered it onto wood grain effect card  then added flowers and snark - the latter being a Dylusions sentiment.

I am sharing this with
Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes with a creature

7 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Jane :-) the owl is super cute and the sentiment is perfect!! Very clever :-)

thanks so much for inviting me to be your 'Queen' again, I have had a blast! :-)
luv
Lorraine XXX

Chris Dring said...

Just claim 'artist interpretation' and that'll do. LOL! Love the cute owl paired with that sentiment!

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! Jo x

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, your colouring is lovely.

Toni said...

LOL. what a perfect sentiment to snark up your card!

Lindsey said...

You sell yourself short on your colouring skillz, Jane! This is delightful! And so subtly snarky. :D

Lori Kobular said...

I think you colored this perfectly! I love that owl in his overalls! Such a fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at 2CCC Challenges!!