Thursday 12 July 2018

CAS Christmas


This is a CAS card made with a very un-CAS set, Altenew's poinsettia stamps. I stamped, watercoloured and fussy cut the flower (I know, I know, it's actually coloured leaf bracts, but it does the job of a flower. Want to get into the whole tomato-is-a-fruit-but-I-don't-put-it-in-fruit-salad argument? I'm waiting, I've got all day...) then lightly drew around where I wanted it to go on the base card before stamping the pine branches and berry-laden twigs to peep out from under it, erasing the pencil marks before completing the card.

Those berry laden twigs, they look to me as if they are intended to be Callicarpa. We have a beautiful one in the garden.

 
Those fabulous purple berries form just before Christmas and make a very striking festive arrangement, especially among silver-sprayed bare twigs. However because I wanted this card to be CAS I felt I already had enough colours in it, so I have used the extremely rare (as in my card has the only known specimen in the world) Callicarpa Alba ie white callicarpa. The fact that I didn't have any purple Liquid Pearls just *might* have been a consideration too....
 
I am sharing this, no matter what colour the berries, with
CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Poinsettia
AAA Cards - Christmas in July 
 

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card - caught my eye right away. Love the poinsettia and the lovely berries. xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous, beautifully coloured and designed, Kate x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning poinsettia with the white berry branch & pines! Perfect with the simple black stamped sentiment!!

Bonnie said...

This poinsettia is so pretty with the dainty pine sprigs and rare berries peeking out from it! A beautiful design, Jane! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

LOVE that pretty poinsettia Jane! Beautiful arrangement with the twigs and berries. Those berries are gorgeous with the pearl finish. Would have looked very striking in purple too. :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Trina P. said...

Pretty poinsettia card, Jane! The sprigs and berry accents are beautiful details and add wonderful dimension. Love the whole arrangement, Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas Poinsettia challenge. x

Sue - said...

That really is so pretty Jane, maybe they are Symphoricarpum berries, ‘cos they’re white!

Jane said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the silver berries and all that empty white space. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous, Love the pearl berries and the beautiful poinsettia. thanksfor joining us at CAS Christmas card Chellenge

LucieGCards said...

Beautiful card - wonderful colouring and I love the berries! (I have a Callicarpa too - those berries are so stunning aren't they!) Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful CAS poinsettia card, Jane! Love the shades of red, and the white pearly berries! The triangle layout is well balanced and pleasing to the eye. You have a beautiful Callicarpa in your garden! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx

Ceal said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!