Wednesday 11 July 2018

Festive Snippets

It's still warm and sunny here in Hampshire, but a few degrees cooler so I'm much more in the mood for crafting - although still not enough for anything involving heat!

There's no heat embossing on today's card.
But it is another Christmas one in cool colours.


The image is a very old clear stamp - I really can't remember where it came from. It seems to be a decent quality one so it probably wasn't a magazine freebie. I've teamed it with an Altenew sentiment I won in the Playground and papers from my Christmas snippets box - the very last scraps from some that came with a Crafters Inspiration pack a few years ago. I've been telling myself that it doesn't matter if I use them up as I can print more from the CD, but I checked this morning and I no longer have the CD, it must have been a victim of one of my occasional purges.

The tree and sentiment are stamped with a Nuvo Hybrid "Laguna Bay" inkpad, then everything cut with Gummiapan stitched rectangle and square dies. The layout was decided by the size of the paper snippets! Some pearls complete the cool monochrome look.

I am sharing this with

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge 330
Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Tree.

4 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely Christmas card, love the tree image

Di said...

What a lovely Christmas card Jane! Love the colours you used - so cool looking! And cool we do need here - as you say it's a bit better and at least there's a bit of a breeze at last. All set to rise again tomorrow though! Sigh.

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jane. I love the layout and the colours are just beautiful.
So pleased to have a slightly cooler day today and we actually had a few drops of rain....and it was only a few! LOL! xx

Viv said...

Fab papers and colours - lovely to see Christmas done in other shades rather than the usual red/green/gold type combo! Great card