Saturday 28 July 2018

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #115 - Junk

Our new theme at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is Junk.



In other words, we'd like to see something upcycled/recycled on your work …. or indeed, your work on something upcycled/recycled.

I've taken the latter route, using a paper carrier bag I was given instead of a plastic one in a shop recently.



I masked off the bag to leave a large square in the middle and stamped it randomly with a starburst pattern, first with a white Brilliance pad, then a gold Delicata pad and finally with a glue-stamping pad, and sprinkled ultra fine green glitter on the gluey bits. Then I sponged ink around the edges of the square, removed the masking and  tidied up the edges by ruling a fine line around the edge using a deckle-edged ruler.

I added the sentiment using self-adhesive letters - over the glittery parts they needed a bit of help from some stronger glue.

I believe that not everyone uses the expression "old bag" to describe a miserable or grumpy old woman, but we do here in the UK, so there's a nicely snarky double meaning to this, as it could refer to the person carrying it or merely to the fact it is a bag that's old.

Now how about getting your protect-the-planet hat on and recycling something with us over at the Sisterhood? Who knows, you might become Queen or Princess of Snark!

9 comments:

Chris Dring said...

I love the double entendre you've used on this masterpiece!

Donna said...

This is the best bag!!
So punny and awesome!
Fab job sistah!

Crafting Queen said...

What a fun altered bag!

Dotty Jo said...

Great stuff! Jo x

Joan said...

I love the bag before you altered it Jane, but you have made a beautiful piece of art with it

Tinstar said...

Fabulous - love the word play :)

Lisa D said...

I actually spit out my coffee when I saw this. Hysterical!

Sue - said...

😂🤣🤣😂

Lindsey said...

I love when I'm given a paper bag so I can make something crafty out of it! This is especially snarky-fine!