Friday 13 July 2018

Champagne Corks are Popping

The new challenge at Twofers is Beverages, and I  just KNOW that Darnell and her team will be expecting to see my "lady drinking cocktails" silhouette stamp again - but I have many more alcoholic-beverage-related strings to my bow, so here is something completely different...


I've used the champagne bottle stamp and the champagne glass die - both magazine freebies - on both cards. The first is a Congratulations card and I've made the background by using a gold Delicata ink pad and a couple of "random blob" stamps from the Gentleman Crafter stamp set to make a champagne-fizz inspired background.
The second is a fun birthday card with the background made using the champagne bottle stamp and the topper made with the "tipsy friends" stamp and sentiments from a recent Making Cards freebie.
I am sharing this due with Twofers for the Beverages challenge.



Now a closer look at the individual cards.



Ah, those gold "blobby bits" show up a lot better now! I am sharing this with Watercooler Wednesday where this week's challenge is All About Occasions.


And finally the "tipsy friends" card.


I am sharing this one with
Alphabet Challenge - H is for Happy Birthday
Addicted to Stamps and More - Happy Birthday

11 comments:

Sammy said...

I think we've been buying the same magazines, lol. Fab cards! x

Crystal Komara said...

Love these cards, Jane! They are so fun and feminine! I love both versions equally, but those girls are just perfection. Thank you for joining up with my challenge this week at Watercooler Wednesday. XO, Crystal

Crafting Queen said...

Great cards!

Darnell said...

As I told Verna and Carol with their beer mugs, I love that you and Sammy used the same bottle of champagne and together you've made a FOURfer, which is so inspiring for stretching ones crafty goodies with four different designs! Whoot! I love both of yours! The bubbly background on your celebration card really screams PARTY! And the topper on your bestie birthday card shows the result of a happy party, lol! Hic! Been there, done that a few fun times!! The champagne bottle makes an awesome DSP! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #7! Hugs, Darnell

Helen said...

You have created to fantastic cards, Jane! I love them both! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! This card is great as it could be sued for so many different celebrations for either males or females! Very clever!!!!

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Jane, what wonderful cards! Either would have been perfect for our challenge--they're both so beautifully designed. I love those bubbles or fizz which you've added to the background. You can just about smell the champagne. And the colours are gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Created by Kath said...

Great Cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

Anita in France said...

What fabulous, fun fizz on your celebration card, Jane ... I can almost hear all those delicious bubbles popping! Your birthday card is a riot ... no wonder those partying girls are tipsy after all those background bottles of champagne! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Gwendolyn said...

Two fab cards Jane. Love the gold dots on the first and the wonderful colouring on the group of girlfriends in the second. Thanks for joining in Addicted to Stamps and More's 300th Birthday celebration and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations again soon. Hugs, Gwendolyn

Kara Lynne said...

Both of your beverage cards are so festive! I love the fizzy background and those clinking glasses! Those birthday girls really know how to party, and they even called each other ahead of time so they could coordinate! Great twofer, Jane, and thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Cazro said...

Oh! Jane, I love the freebie 'tipsy stamp' I missed out on that one. A wonderfully designed card, so full of fun and bright happiness. So pleased you shared with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.