Tuesday 24 July 2018

Ice cream days

Phew! It's just getting hotter and hotter here in Hampshire - which means everyone's ice cream consumption is soaring through the roof. When we're not eating ice cream, we're dreaming about it!

The sun is so bright, too - it makes it really hard to get a decent photo as wherever in the house I go, the white balance comes out all wrong when I'm trying to snap a card that is predominantly white. The nearest I can get to white in my photos is pink.


The Ice cream and sentiment stamps came from the current issue of Creative Stamping. The cornet with a flake in it is, of course, called a '99'. Recently I saw somebody ask on Facebook, "How do you like your '99', with or without a flake?" which I thought was a daft question, because if there's no flake it isn't a '99', it's just a cornet.

Now the red sauce - that's a contentious issue! Have you ever heard of "Raspberry Vinegar" on ice cream? It's something that's been part of my life ever since I was tiny, up in Lancashire whenever we bought ice cream from a cart we were asked "Do you want raspberry vinegar on that?", the raspberry vinegar being a sweet red syrup that had never been anywhere near a bottle of vinegar (and probably nowhere near a raspberry either). I'd not thought of it as anything unusual until last summer when we took my mother out and my (southerner) husband went to buy her an ice cream. He was utterly bewildered when he was asked if she would like vinegar on it! But yes, raspberry vinegar on a 99 is perfectly acceptable in Wigan.

Now, enough waffle - on to the challenges I'm entering.

Addicted to CAS - Summertime
Cardz 4 Galz - Food and/or Drink
Alphabet - I is for Ice Cream  
House of Cards - Popsicle/food image and/or colours  (and if only the colours showed up properly in my photo you'd be able to see that I'd used them all)


6 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Cute card hun. I like the little bit of doodling. Love Dawn x

Lisa Bird said...

Super card and great words of wisdom for the weather that we are having :)
Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Stamping Bubbles said...

I love this card, so perfect for our UK heatwave. Most of the supermarkets seem to have run out of lollies which is very poor planning.
Thank you for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Tammy said...

What a cute card, I love the doodling! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!
Tammy x

Wendy R. said...

FABULOUS make from you, gorgeous colours too Jane! I always look forward to seeing your creations in the card gallery :) Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz x

Susan Renshaw said...

Great sentiment!
Thank you for sharing with House of Cards!
Susan
DT for HOC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!