First I masked off the card to leave a rectangle in the middle, then sponged distress inks in shades of green and brown randomly over it, before stamping with a script stamp in a darker brown. You probably can't read the text but it is a description of the meanings of flowers, making it a very appropriate background for anything floral.
Next I die cut the flowers, using a Gummiapan die called Flower Rudbeckia (although I've not used Rudbeckia colours on it). I used fingertip daubers to colour the stems in the same greens I'd used for the background, the flowers in several shades of blue and the centres in black.
The card was finished, I started to clear up and then.....
I dropped the dauber I'd used for the black ink and it landed face down on the card and made an enormous smudge in the corner. I came very close to throwing the whole thing away and starting again, then I though, "Hang on, those flowers don't have any leaves yet," - so I gave them some. One pair to cover up the blob, the other for balance. The dies are from a very old Sizzix set and I coloured them with the same inks - handling the daubers much more carefully this time!
I am sharing this with
CAS Mix up - colour your die cuts (plus stamping, spongeing and masking)
Love to Craft - Anything Goes
Country View Challenge - in the Summer garden