Saturday 28 July 2018

Rain, beautiful rain!

At last we've had some rain! It rained most of the night last night and I'm sure today I can hear every plant in the garden breathing a sigh of relief.

So here is a rainy day card to celebrate.


I actually designed the card to go with the sentiment - but now I've made it, I'm not sure the sentiment is right for it after all! My idea is that it's meant to be a cheering up card for somebody feeling down in the dumps, and while the sentiment and the design each work separately for that I'm not certain the two work together. I may well CASe my own card later in the week, but using a different sentiment. The one I have used here is a very, very old one from the US company Raindrops on Roses - I don't think they are around any more which is a pity as some of my favourite "old faithful" stamps came from them.

I chose a kraft background so the cloud would stand out well against it. The cloud is a Dies-R-Us die, the rainbow die was given to me by a friend, I think it was a magazine freebie. Rather than waste card by cutting it 5 times in different colours, I cut it in white and coloured the separate strips with Promarkers. I doodled in some rain but if/when I CASe this, I think I'll leave that off to give a cleaner finish as I think it takes the edge of the CAS look.

Well, despite all the self-criticism I'm going to go ahead and share this with
Shopping Our Stash - Get Krafty
CASology - Cloud
AAA Cards - Over the rainbow

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Cute card, Jane! I think it all works together :) Thanks for playing at AAA Cards challenges.

Jane said...

Super Card, like the contrast of the rainbow colours with the kraft base. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

sentsue said...

Thank you for playing along with us on the CASology Challenge blog.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sistah I am love love lovin this card!
The bright colours of the rainbow really POP on the kraft paper!
Fab job!!!
Thanks for getting KRAFTY with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

Melissa L. said...

Very sweet card. Love the sentiment and nice use of Kraft. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.