Wednesday 30 October 2019

Festive spray

I used to hate making one layer cards - now they are often my cards of choice. They are very unforgiving though - there's nowhere to hide a mistake and this is my second attempt at this card.


All the stamps came from a recent issue of Creative Stamping. First I stamped the poinsettia, then I masked it and used the foliage stamps to stamp the sprays around it, following the positioning of the inner petals. This is where my first attempt went wrong - although the flower has 5-way symmetry, I stamped 4 lots of foliage, one pointing to each corner. With the mask in place it looked fine but once I removed  the mask, the 5 and 4 jarred horribly, making it look very unbalanced. Heigh-ho, I can chop those bits up and use then on  other projects.

Once the stamping was complete, I used a pencil  to add a few strokes of red to the centre of each petal (yes, I know that technically they are bracts, not petals,  but this is a craft blog not a gardening one!) and finished the centre with a few dots of gold Liquid Pearls.

I am sharing this with

Fab'n'Funky - Christmas 

Inkspirational - mask 


Less is More - One layer, Winter Flora 

7 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous one layer card love the stamps and great masking
Carol x

Liz said...

Brilliant one layer card, Jane, lovely design. xx

Evelyn said...

It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you do with your first attempt!

Evelyn

mixamatoasties said...

Fab one layer card. I'd never be able to do that, it would just look rubbish and end up in the bin!

Thanks for sharing at FabNFunky.

Susan

Judith said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jane, fabulous masking - thank you so much for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs Judith xx

Carol said...

Love this one Jane. xx

Neets B said...

I'm glad you persevered with this, it's a beautiful design. I too picked up that copy of Creative Stamping, I've yet to use the set but there are some lovely images in it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x