Wednesday 9 October 2019

One die, two ways.

I love this useful and versatile maple leaf die that was a covermount on a recent magazine. Today I've used it in two similar but different ways ( I must have been infected by a  Darnell's Twofer Challenge bug!


Here I've cut the lower layer in coffee grounds card. This is card infused with coffee grounds to give the pattern. I bought a pack at the Eden Project in Cornwall many years ago and am ekeing it out very carefully as i love it and can't find any more. I'm down to my very last sheet! The top layer is in dark brown which I've also used as a mat for the background.
The background itself is a snippet of patterned paper from my stash, over-stencilled  with the triangle pattern and finished with a couple of dots  of candi.

I am sharing this with

Just Us Girls - Designer paper 


CAS Stencil - Patterned Paper 


My second card is made by cutting the lower section of the die from heavy watercolour paper coloured with brown brushos - I love the way the colour separates into so many toning shades.


I used the brown again for the upper layer and then masked a band on the base card and used maple leaf peg stamps in various sizes to fill it with leaves stamped in the colours i could pick out from the brusho paper.

As it is CAS Watercolour's third birthday, I simply HAD to finish with a birthday sentiment!

I am sharing this with CAS watercolour - Maple leaf 

13 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful Autumn card love the maple leaf and strips of P.paper
carol x

Liz said...

Two lovely cards, Jane. I especially love the panel on the first card. xx

Mrs A. said...

Two lovely twoffers. Does th3vfurst one smell of coffee beans then! Hugs Mrs A.

Nancy said...

Oh these are terrific Jane! Love those leaves and the fun design on both of them. Thanks so much for joining the girls and I at Just Us Girls this week.

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Jane! Love the coffee infused maple leaf - very warm colours that look amazing with your die-cut leaf. Also love the bright mix of brushos for your second maple leaf. So pretty. Great work stamping your leaf border to match! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

nancy littrell said...

Your Twofer cards are so beautiful and perfect for each of the challenges, Jane. I am so pleased you added your 1st card to our CAS Stencil Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

HilaryJane said...

These are 2 great cards. I love that strip of little mini leaves in your second card. I have this die too and only sed it for the first time the other day. I now have several die cut and inlayed maple leaves on my desk waiting to be transformed into a card or 2 xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Super effective stenciling on the DP - great card Jane and thanks for sharing with CAS Stencil, Robyn...love your second card too

razmag said...

Two beautiful card s

Bonnie said...

Two beautiful Fall cards, Jane! Love the paper done with coffee grounds! What an interesting pattern. Your watercolor leaf is beautiful and I love how you've stamped the strip with the peg stamps! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Crafting Queen said...

Two beautiful cards.

Brenda in IN said...

These are both beautiful fall cards, Jane.

Linda said...

Two beautiful cards, I love the rich warm colours. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Stencil challenge xx