Tuesday 9 March 2021

Inspired by Pinterest

Remember when you first discovered Pinterest and spent hours on end pinning photos of ideas you were going to try sometime but never got around to? Yes, well I did that too. Now I seldom even look at it unless I'm searching for something specific,  and it's dawned on me that I have several albums of ideas still waiting to be tried.  Perfect when inspiration is a bit slow off the starting blocks. I was scrolling through some of my boards at the weekend and was inspired to make this: 


I cut 5cm squares from snippets of coloured card and matted them with black, giving them very narrow borders. Then added a butterfly and leaves, cut from white snippets with some very old Spellbinders dies. Stamped the sentiment - that's from a Uniko set that I recently bought with a voucher from Di in the Playground. I think the wording of the sentiment is perfect for a CAS card! Then arranged the die cuts, using 3D adhesive to give the leaf spray lots of dimension. 

I am sharing this with 

Craft Rocket Challenges - Use Dies and/or Spring 

Butterfly Challenge - J for Jasmine, Jade, Japanese Carmine  

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge 398 



6 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, like the design. Anesha x

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and design great for using snippets too
Carol x

Suzanne H said...

I've hopped over from Pixie's and this is a perfect card for her challenge and the butterfly challenge. I too have lots of things pinned. I should look at it sometime and see what hidden gems I can find. Lovely card.

Di said...

Great card Jane - and also such a good way to use up snippets. So pleased to see you using your Uniko stamp set! Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Oooooooo I like this card a lot Jane. Simple but so elegant. Less is defo more. Thankyou for coming and sharing in the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

LesleyG said...

Great layout, colours, and pretty white die cuts xxx