Tuesday 2 March 2021

Split circles

 If you ever use Pinterest, you'll know what it's like when you take a closer look at a pin and the next time you visit your home page is packed with similar ones. Well, this happened to me a couple of days ago and now my feed is full of cards made by stacking die cuts made with nesting dies. So I had to get it out of my system by making my own take on the idea. 


As you can imagine, it's a perfect way of using up snippets! I chose a selection of orange and green card snippets, cut then with stitched circle dies, stuck the layers together keeping one spot on the perimeter of each aligned, then cut the whole stack in half. 

Next I took a snippet of black, dusted it with an anti static pad and stamped the sentiment with clear embossing ink then embossed it with opaque white powder. 

I cut the stack of circles in half across the common diameter and arranged the two halves either side  of the sentiment strip, offsetting them by half the diameter of the largest circle. 

I've seen lots of variations on this theme, some keeping the circle intact, some stacking them centrally, some cutting the individual circles in half before stacking them then working so that one side is stacked to the left and one to the right, then lined up so the smallest circle matches up again (this creates a lovely wave like effect, I must try it, perhaps all in shades of blue). And of course the same thing done using other shapes such as squares and hexagons. So if you are looking to clear out your snippets box, you could make a whole set of these! 

I am sharing this with 

Pixie's Snippets Playground - challenge 397 

A Place to Start - Pick a Shape 

A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything goes  

Watercooler Wednesday - All About occasions  




8 comments:

Dawn T said...

Love this technique. Your colours are so striking. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and love how you stacked the dies.Pinterest is like a black hole you go on for a quick look and the time just disappears!
Carol x

Evelyn said...

I love your take on this technique! Your card looks smashing with those bold colors against the black and white.

Evelyn

Chana Malkah said...

Great shape and I love your color choices! Thanks for a fabulous response to our "Pick A Shape" Challenge at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Di said...

Absolutely brilliant Jane! I love how bright and cheerful this is - and another technique on my list now to try!

Hugs

Di xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

It's a fab way to use up scraps and use our nested dies! Thanks for the ideas and a beautiful card. xoxo

Sarn said...

Awesome snippets card . . . congrats on being showcased at the Snippets Playground. x

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com