Monday 22 March 2021

Sunset Stag

 


A very CAS  Christmas card today. I punched a circle from masking paper and attached it to the card, then used a finger dauber to blend red distress ink over it, moving horizontally all the time to give a sunset sky effect. I added a stamped sentiment, then die cut the stag and positioned him so that his magnificent horns stand out against the setting sun. The tiniest red gem I could find gives him a subtle hint of "Rudolph". 

I am sharing this with 

Less is More - CAS  inking 



Make my Monday - Clean and Simple 

CAS Christmas - kraft, red and white  




Sparkles Christmas - CAS 

14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love his red nose! Jo x

Heather said...

Beautiful, Jane - love that red sky feature, so pretty! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

meg said...

A brilliant CAS card Jane the sunset is stunning,thank you for joining in at MMM

Loll said...

Beautiful CAS design Jane. I LOVE how you've created your sunset. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Kathyk said...

What a smashing and contemporary Christmas card

Kathyk

Sue Jackson said...

Beautiful holiday card! You've inspired me to start my holiday cards. Thanks for joining us at MMM!

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely elegant card. Anesha x

Julia Aston said...

What a creative design with that blazing sunset behind your lovely deer Jane - thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Colleen said...

Clever and fun design with the moon and the red sky...love the placement of the deer also! Thank you for sharing this at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

great layout and love your die cut Rudolf. thanks for joinng us at CAS Christmas

Wei said...

Beautiful creation! Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

Maria Valente said...

Great CAS card! Thanks for entering our Make My Monday challenge.

Cazro said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges. Caz. DT

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, I really should start making Christmas cards. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Less is More.