Friday 5 March 2021

Thunderbirds are GO!

 I was about 9 years old when the Thunderbirds craze hit the UK for the first time - I even had a pin-up of Scott Tracy on my bedroom wall, and of course wanted to be Lady Penelope when I grew up. And apparently for some people the craze has never faded, because recently I was asked to make a  Thunderbirds themed card for the 60th birthday of a friend's husband. 


I chose Thunderbird 3 because it gave me a chance to make a celestial background. The image is a free digi that I found online. For the background, I sponged layers of distress ink over the card. First pinks and purples, then shades of blue, then black and grey, blending as I went along. I sprayed it all with water and blotted it so the layers showed through. When it was dry I splattered with dilute gesso then added die cuts for the planet and sentiment. 

I am sharing this with

Addicted to Stamps and More - die cuts and/or stencils 


Make my Monday - masculine birthday 

Shopping Our Stash - Oh, the Places We'll Go! (outer space does count as a place, doesn't it?) 



6 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love the background you created. Anesha x

Donna said...

Fab card sistah!
Outer space is for sure "a place"
Thanks for joining the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "Oh The Places We'll Go" challenge!

Dawn Phillips said...

Brilliant. My husband was recently counting down the days to his new job by using the thunderbirds. I think Wednesday was red rocket day. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great make, Hazelx

Cazro said...

Aa brilliant card Jane, I can hear it in my head, Thunderbirds are Go! all on Tracy Island. I love the bacckground and you have a perfect rocket. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Caz.DT.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fabulous card! Love that cosmic background, a wonderful rocket too. Thank you for joining us at ATSM!