Sunday 28 March 2021

Lighthouse on the rocks

 Today is a first outing for a set of stamps I won in a recent challenge at Allsorts. It's a Hunkydory set from the For The Love of Stamps range, called Lighthouse Harbour (which is strange as there's no harbour in it!). I do think lighthouses are great images to use on masculine cards. Not sure what that says about the symbolism in my subconscious! On the other hand, I've met a lot of light house keepers and they have all been male - by the time equal opportunities for women became firmly established here in the UK, many lighthouses were becoming fully automated and no longer needed keepers, so women missed their chance of the job. 


I cut scrap paper into a cloud shape and used it as a mask to sponge blue ink lightly over the background. Then I stamped the image twice onto separate card, coloured it with Promarkers and cut it out, using just the rocks of the second image. I layered them onto the background, using 3D adhesive for the rocks to make them appear to be in the foreground. I stamped and die cut the sentiment and then added a few gulls flying around the tower. 

I am sharing this with 

Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark  


Cardz 4 Guyz - By the water  

Allsorts Challenge - anything goes 



8 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Beautifully done Jane. I do love a good lighthouse image. You are right. They are perfect for male cards. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

dj said...

Sweet sentiment!! A lighthouse is perfect for masculine card and our "by the water" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! So glad you played along with us!!

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, I love your cloud background, I tried to make one and it didn't look like yours at all, fantastic job with it.

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, lovely scene. Take care Anesha

brenda said...

A totally agree on all you say about lighthouses Liz! It a perfect masculine card and so pleased the set got an inking, thanks so much for joining in with our AG/Mono theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Cazro said...

A fabulous'by the water' card. Thanks for sharing in my challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT (Sending best wishes.)