Thursday 18 March 2021

New Indigo Blu kit

I'm sure you all know by now how much I loved the #2 Indigo Blu magazine kit. Well, earlier this week I got the #3 kit and I think I'm going to love it just as much. Sadly I missed the #1 kit (if any of you has a spare one to sell, please let me know). 

Anyway, these are my first two makes with the kit. 


I am sharing the two cards together at Twofers, where the theme this month is Your Choice 



Now a look at the two cards separately. 


First I made a one layer card, masking the front to leave a strip wide enough to hold the whole of the large flower stamp, positioned to leave room on the right for the sentiment. I sponged various shades of yellow ink to fill the space and stamped the image on it, then removed the masking and stamped the sentiment. This would make a great birthday or general greetings card.

I am sharing this with 

Allsorts Challenge - a stamped image 

Alphabet Challenge - Y is for yellow  

Little Red Wagon - One layer  

Now on to the second card, one of the fashionable DL sized cards. 


First of all I made a background of very wet watercolour card, sprinkled with purple brushos which I teased out to cover the card using a wet brush. I stamped the large flower stamp again, then fussy cut to remove all the background. I used the trimmings of the purple background to cut the fern frond die twice. Next I stamped the matching fern stamp on white card. Now, I know there is a clever trick for lining up a solid die over a stamped image, but I couldn't recall what it is, and after a couple of failed attempts using die cut waste to align it, I gave up and fussy cut it by hand. #I-AM-NEVER-DOING-THAT-AGAIN. 

I chose a sentiment that is suitable for an encouragement or even sympathy card, stamped it on my card base then attached the image and ferns, using 3D adhesive to give it some lift. 

I am sharing this with

Fab'n'Funky - No square cards  

Watercooler Wednesday - Feminine anything goes  


The Flower Challenge - Shades of Purple 



Crafty Calendar - Feminine 

Stamping Sensations - Monochromatic 

22 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Two wonderful cards, love the yellow one. Hugs Anesha

brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brenda said...

Blogger cut me off mid comment there.

Two really striking cards Jane and the one you entered into Stamping Sensations is so vibrant in those vivid colours, thanks so much.

B x

Liz said...

Two fabulous cards, Jane. The stamped image looks so different the way you’ve used it. xx

Viv said...

Such beautiful cards Jane! love the purple one you shared with us over at 'The Flower Challenge', ;) Viv DT xx

Melanie Hungerford said...

You've used that image to create two totally unique cards, I really love the single layer card with the yellow. Thank you for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

Aimeslee Winans said...

These are gorgeous cards, Jane. I had to google the kits. Seems a lot like the Creative Stamping mag stuff I get with each issue. I should try using them like you do. Sounds and looks like fun if I can get focus and time. xoxo

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! Two very striking cards Jane!! Being as yellow is my favorite color I'm a little partial to your 1st card but your 2nd purple card is just as lovely! Two awesome and yet very different designs...lovely, lovely cards!! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

Pat K said...

Wow, these are stunning Jane. I LOVE the purple and white. Striking contrast and great sentiments. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenge. Pat K xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

cheiro urgia said...

You created two beautiful cards, and I like how different they look even though they feature the same stamp. I especially like the different shades of yellow, and how they shine in combination with the black print. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

Mervi said...

Fabulous cards!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Sarn said...

Absolutely BRILLIANT XXX

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow, these are both stunning. Thanks for joining my challenge at the Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Karen M said...

Both of these cards are amazing! I love the simplicity of the yellow one! Beautifully done x

Pamela said...

I knew you would like this issue of the box magazine Jane! Great cards!
Die cutting a stamped image: Run the die through with a scrap of card. Stamp the image on your chosen card stock. Line up the 'waste' from the original die cut to the stamped image. Then pop the die into the centre of the waste.Hope that reads OK.

Darnell said...

What a fabulous mixed media image that is, Jane. You have really sold it with your two striking cards! I love your chosen golden hues for one and purple for the other. Sorry that purple number gave you fits. The fussy cutting and popping up gave it tons of dementia and texture! Thank you for playing in TCC #36! I hope you are keeping well. Hugs, Darnell

Imke said...

You did a great job with our ONE LAYER Challenge @ Little Red Wagon, Jane. Both cards are great but i really like the yellow one - it looks so fresh.

Thanks for joining us @ Little Red Wagon this week. Hope to see you back again soo.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

oldpunca said...

I do fussy cut only if the motive in simple and small. :-) So I can understand you will never do this again with so complicated motive. But the card is amazing and it was worth to fussy cut the fantastic flower. Great color choice! The OL card is fabulous in yellow. I like the motive and the sentiment too. Thank you for joining us at Twofer Card Challenge in March.
Hugs, Sonja

Rachelle Oltean said...

What a great image paired with the perfect technique! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Y is for Yellow!
Rachelle : ) DT

Karenladd said...

Wow, these are just stunning! Both are gorgeous but that purple one really grabbed me.

Marlies said...

Two beautiful elegant cards. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies