Thursday 1 April 2021

Fluttering Butterfly

 I've been playing with the Indigo Blu magazine kit again. This time the huge and very beautiful butterfly stamp is the star of the show. 



I cut a piece of white paper with green speckles from the papers that came with the kit, and stamped the butterfly on it. Then I masked the butterfly and added extra interest to the background by stamping the large floral background all over it.  I coloured the butterfly with Promarkers and added a stamped sentiment. 

Next I took a piece of embossable acetate and stamped and embossed the butterfly on it. It really MUST be heat embossable or you'll end up with a poor imitation of shrink plastic when you heat it. (Now there's a thought, such a big butterfly would lend itself beautifully to shrink plastic... watch this space.) When I emboss on acetate, I like to use clear powder because however thoroughly you use an anti static pad, some powder WILL stick to the acetate. It means the image isn't quite as bold as it would be using black powder, but as it's going over another stamped image that isn't a problem. 

I cut out my acetate butterfly, scored each side of the body to bend the wings outwards a little and attached the body section firmly to that of the coloured image. 

I am sharing this with

Alphabet Challenge - Z for Zoology  

Passion for Markers - Something beginning with B 

Pearly Sparkles - Animals, birds and/or insects


5 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the butterfly. Anesha x

Ella's Design said...

Love the way you've added the acetate butterfly to give dimension, Jane and the simple design allows the image to be the star...
Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers! Lisa x

cheiro urgia said...

This is such a wonderful card, I like the bright colours and the encouraging message it brings. The 3D effect you've created by adding a second butterfly is fantastic and adds a bit more of extra-ness to your creation. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

cass said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our "Butterflies and/or Insects" Challenge.

Billie A said...

Pretty butterfly and background. Great colors. Thanks for sharing over at Alphabet challenge.