Thursday 29 April 2021

Lots of kitties

 As many of you read in my post the other day, my 95 year old Mum is poorly at the moment and has just been transferred to a rehab centre, where she is likely to be staying for a while so won't be at home on her birthday next month. Here's the card I've made to send to her. 


She's mad about cats, and missing her own cat, so these will be a substitute! The cats are die cut, and I cut 9 squares of white card and embossed them with the Swiss Dots folder before matting them with red card. I arranged them on a square card, rotating the centre one for extra interest, and added the cats to the top and bottom rows. The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed. I chose "best wishes" instead of "Happy Birthday" because last year when I wished her a happy birthday, her reply was "What have I got to be happy about?"  

I am sharing this with Time Out Challenges where the theme is Pets. 




9 comments:

sandie said...

Oh Jane, your Mum will love this and sending hugs her way. I love you placed the cats on the embossed panels-great texture and the pops of red work well too. Fab to see you at Time Out x

Crafting Queen said...

Your Mum will love this card. It's a great design. Have a good day. Anesha

Swissie said...

This is just wonderful, Jane! So many lovely cats!
All the best for you and your Mum! I hope she will recover soon.
Hugs and blessings,
Liv

Liz said...

Beautiful card Jane. I’m sure your Mum will love it, even if she doesn’t tell you at the time. 😉. Hope your Mum feels better soon. xx

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome design, your mom will love it, and Best Wishes sounds perfect, (I'm giggling) and probably won't cause any backlash. hugs to you and your Mom, how she feels better soon.

Joyce said...

What a wonderful design, and great way to highlight all these different cats and their personalities. I hope your mom loves it and will have more to be happy about soon. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very nice card for a cat person, I know it will brighten her spirits. I feel for you both. 96 with health issues - it can't be fun. XOX

Sue - said...

A lovely kitty card! I’m sure your Mum loved it.!

Gerrina said...

These little cats look so good just on white and red! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!