Tuesday 27 April 2021

Shades of green

 It's lovely to see the trees starting to look green again (although my eyes rather wish the nearby birch trees weren't producing so much pollen) so I've made a card that celebrates all the shades of green we see in nature. 

A total snippet-fest using scraps of several shades of green and a snippet of leaf-patterned paper. The leaves were cut and embossed and the background finished with the last pieces of the scraps of card.  I know the leaves are more "deep dark jungle" than "English country lane" but the colours are very reminiscent of the spring leaves, the conifers and the evergreen shrubs along the roadside. 

I am sharing this with 

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge 401  

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - M is for Monochromatic  (apologies for the total lack of snark, sistahs, but my 95 year old Mum is in hospital at the moment and my mind just refuses to get into a snarky groove, I'm feeling to stressed to laugh!) 






10 comments:

Helen said...

Hugs to you and your Mom Jane! Sending tons of prayers to you both! And I LOVE your card too! ((HUGS)) Helen

JulieP said...

Sending hugs to you and your mum. Your card is absolutely stunning!

Crafting Queen said...

Sorry about your Mum, sending prayers. Love your card. Anesha

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm so sorry to hear your mum is in hospital Jane and I do hope you are able to see her. The lack of snark is very understandable.
Your card is just beautiful. A great way to use up those snippety bits and a lovely celebration of all those greens too.
Sending hugs, Vicky x

Lindsey said...

Hope your mum is doing okay. Never good, but how much harder these days.
Onto your card - it's gorgeous! I love the cluster of leaf dies. Always good to see you back at the Sisterhood!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Jane, this is a gorgeous card. Snark is overrated sometimes..just sometimes. Prayers for your mum and for you! xoxo

Sue - said...

Beautiful card Jane. A great use of your snippets. Sorry to hear your Mum is in hospital, hope you’re able to visit her. Sending you hugs.xx

Mrs A. said...

How perfect as a masculine card. I love all the shades of green you have created and you must have made a teeny tiny dent in your green snippets!! hugs Mrs A.

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Jane, what a lovely arrangement of your greenery, Jo x

Di said...

Great card Jane - love all the greens - reminds me of childhood forays into the secondary jungle in the Far East!

Hugs

Di xx