Sunday 25 April 2021

Shrink plastic revisited

 A few weeks ago, I used a very large butterfly stamp from the latest Indigo Blu magazine kit, and speculated at the time about how it would look used with shrink plastic. 

Well I've had a play now and am delighted with it. 




I stamped it onto clear shrink plastic and coloured it with pencils before shrinking. Then I used a new-to-me card fold called Mini Miura, following instructions over on Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge blog. I used coordinating patterned papers on the end panels and a green core-dinations card, embossed and sanded, for the centre panel. The back of the last panel has a white space for writing, and the sentiment attached to the belly band is a very old Polkadoodles stamp, coloured with pencils. 

I an sharing this with 

Butterfly challenge  - I've used the fold and all the colours and of course a butterfly. I'd planned to add some metal brads but the ones I was going to use clashed horribly with the papers, being *exactly* the wrong shades of green and maroon, so I can't claim a full house this time. 

Sweet Stampin - no squares allowed 





3 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and papers,great fold and I love the beautiful shrink plastic Butterfly
Carol x

Mrs A. said...

Haven't used my shrink plastic in such a long time and i have several large stamps that would lend themselves to being shrunk down in order to use effectively. thanks for the idea. Love the combination of techniques used on your card. Embossing folders are another item I seldom use. I must try better.
Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Tracey T said...

I do like to see a different card fold/shape! This is fab and fits our challenge theme perfectly. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x