Sunday 10 April 2016

Being ignored by a cat

There is no truer saying than "You've never been truly ignored until you've been ignored by a cat", so the Dylusions sentiment I've used here is a perfect one to use with cat images!


I stamped the gorgeous Katzelkraft image onto a snippet of white card and coloured it in with Promarkers - I've made the markings match those of a cat that frequently visits our garden. He's obviously having a post-nap stretch (or is that pre-nap? Being a cat, probably both) and doesn't care one jot what is being said to him! The matting is the penultimate scrap of my favourite piece of green card, I've made a 12 x 12 sheet of it last for about 5 years, and the corrugated card is also from my snippets box.

I'm sharing this with

Alphabet Challenge - C for Cats
Show us your Pussies - Furrything Goes
Pixies Snippets Playground - week 224
Quirky Crafts - Raining Cats and Dogs

11 comments:

Cara said...

Lovely card and a fab sentiment! Bunnies can do a fab job of ignoring you too. They look at you and then turn round so that their bottom is facing you and you know you've been snubbed! Cara x

Di said...

Oh how true Jane! I look after a neighbour's cats when they go on holiday and the only time they take notice of me is if I shake the treats container!

Super card, love that image you used and the colouring is just perfection.

Lovely to see you in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

FAB cat card. Love the background and the way you've coloured the cat image.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darnell said...

Glad you are up and running again, Jane! Your posts are looking polished and good to me! This cat card is divine with your fab coloring, background, and buttons! Of course, I love that sediment and can't wait to use it on the Mister! (Truth be told, it is the men who are experts at doing this, aren't they?!) Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Pia S said...

That is so true about cats and one of the main reasons I love them so, cats have lots of personality.
Your card looks very realistic, love the green with the brown of the corrugated paper and the buttons.

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our ALPHABET (C is for CATS) challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

ike said...

Hahahaha - oh how true that is !!! :-D I love your card - super image and great colouring. I adore the expression on that little guy's face :-)
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D

IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Barb said...

What a beautiful card. A lovely card altogether Jane. Barbxx

Pat said...

LOL Fun and funny card, Jane. Thanks for joining us at Quirky Crafts challenge blog.

Andrea W said...

Yes, this is exactly what my cats would say. Cute card!

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Jane: I just came here after leaving you a comment on your Shopping Our Stash entry card because I saw this card under it and it just made me LOL!! I've seen this stamp at the Katzelkraft store and I've been wanting to get it, the expression on this cat is to die for, just what a cat does to you when you "talk" to it, like he is just tolerating the noise that comes out of your mouth, LOL!! The sentiment is paired perfectly with this image, I went to check it out at Dylusions and I was cracking up reading the rest of the sentiments on this set and the other sets too, which I will get ASAP!!!
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.