Friday 15 April 2016

Chloe again

One of my all-time favourite dies is the Memory Box Chloe Stem die, and I know from many of your comments that I'm not alone in that.



Today I've combined it with my favourite colours of cream, terracotta and light olive to give a card with an autumnal feel. I cut it from the terracotta card fist, then embossed the remaining card with a Crafters Companion embossing folder and sanded the surface lightly. before matting onto the olive card, I cut the olive Chloe stem, lining it up carefully to make sure the gap wouldn't show around the edge or within the die cut negative. The cream Chloe stem is cut from the remainder of the sheet of cream card I used to  make the card blank. The sentiment is a Tattered Lace die and I was lucky enough to find two terracotta coloured heart gems in my stash.

I am sharing this with:

Mod Squad - Make  a Negative a Positive
Crafty Gals Corner - Die Cuts or Punches
Craft Rocket - Favourite Colour Combo
Cardz 4 Galz - Use an Embossing Folder  

14 comments:

Unknown said...

This. Is. Spectacular. Love your color choices and that die! WOW!!! Fantastic design and layout, love how you added back in more than one of the die cutsThanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host., really clever. And of course the matching texture for an overall WOW factor! LOVE it!!!

Unknown said...

Well that's all jumbled....but I think you get the gist. :)

Barb said...

A lovely card Jane. he colours really are a beautiful combination and I really like the way you've matched the embossing folder with the die. I don't use that pretty die nearly enough. Barbxx

Cara said...

I love the colours you've chosen to work together, and the die works perfectly with the embossing folder. Cara x

Sue - said...

Really, really like this one Jane.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, your embossed background is perfect with your pretty dies.
Pauline
x

Cross Stitch Claire said...

That is a beautiful die and your colours are great! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Linby said...

I've got this die and embossing folder and never thought to combine them! I love what you have done, especially cutting out from the embossing background.

Creations by Shirl said...

Very lovely and I really like how you did the background...TFS it with Craft Rocket Challenge!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous. You really made a wonderful use of the dies and love the colors.

Judy V said...

Great card! Love the colors and embossing! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

Aileen said...

Another beautiful card using this die. I love that you have made so many amazing cards with the die, rather than one or two then onto the next. Lots of incentive to use mine.

Helen said...

Great card, Jane - love your colour combination.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Helen x

Cazro said...

A stunning card Jane, I may be casing this brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Galz. Hope to see you again. Caz DT.