Sunday 17 April 2016

Christmas pine cone


I used a pre-cut aperture card for this card, then realised once I'd covered the front with paper I was going to have to cut the aperture all over again so I might as well have started out with a plain card..... doh!

The conifer sprig is stamped on a circle of white card slightly larger than the aperture and positioned after making the card front, to make sure everything matches. And I resurrected a few peel offs to decorate it because I am predicting that this year will see a big peel-off revival. I've been seeing some great new ideas in the peel off ranges, and that is bound to rekindle interest in the more traditional designs. You heard it here first!

I am sharing this with 52 Christmas Card Throwdown where the theme is Christmas Foliage  and Uniko Studio where it is Metallics

10 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A beautiful Christmas design. Loving the gold trimmings.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Barb said...

A really lovely vintage looking Christmas card Jane. Now I hope you're right about the peeloffs. That could put me right on trend as I've got hundreds of them! Barbxx

Cara said...

I think we've all done that! You ended up with a great looking card though. Cara x

Monika Reeck said...

so shiny and so goldie Jane
love this card and the edge sticker I have similar too
so festive card
Jane you can join at UNIKO challenge they ask for Metallics
just search UNIKO challenge in Google ok my friend
hugs
Monika

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Lovely card! Love the gold aperture frame. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is a super combination of challenges! I like the traditional pinecone and branch and all the lovely gold too. Thanks so much for playing along with both Uniko and 52CCT, Deborah DT.

Fabiola said...

elle est superbe Jane. chic mais country, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Patricia Hays said...

Thanks for sharing your traditional-looking card with us at 52CCT! I love the sweet little bow.

Lindsey said...

Great traditional image - works very well with your colours. Getting prepared early! X

Beverley said...

Beautiful ornate Christmas card, love how you are getting prepared this early! Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x