Tuesday 5 April 2016

Black and White at Cardz 4 Guyz

This week it's Amy's turn to choose the theme at Cardz 4 Guyz, and she has chosen Black and White.

I decided to use the New York stamp from the Tim Holtz "Cityscapes" set. Somehow I think of Paris and Rome  as feminine cities, London and Sydney as unisex ones and New York as masculine. No, I don't know why either, maybe it's personal associations although never having been to Rome I don't really have any right to make my mind up about it.

Anyway, we normally associate Tim's designs with everything that's inky and messy and exciting, but I think the Cityscapes stamps have so much going on in them that they lend themselves to a much more CAS treatment, and that's what I've done here. The image is stamped in Onyx Black Versafine and embossed with clear powder, then matted and layered with black. To add extra interest, I used a hammered textured card for the bottom black mat, making it a little larger than the other layers. It doesn't really show on the photo but the extra texture looks good in real life.


I am sharing this with
Craft Your Passion  - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time To Craft - Anything Goes
A Beautiful Mess - Anything Goes
Classic design Team Open Challenge - Anything Goes   

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it, the stamp is fab Debbs x

Cara said...

I hadn't thought about cityscapes having a gender, but you could be right! Love the simplicity of this card. Cara x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This stamp is fabulous and love the black and white theme card. Its great.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
Annette DT Leader

Cindy van Oorschot said...

This is fabulous CAS card, I think the stamp warrants standing alone as you have done. Thanks for sharing with us at Classic Design Team Open Challenge.
[Cindy DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card with gorgeous colour combo and design...thanks for joining in our first challenge.xx
[aNNie DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Mac Mable said...

Very striking CAS card. Love the landscape orientation of the card and the mat layers. So very classy x

Monika Reeck said...

You are a lucky lady to have this lovely Stamp
Jane this is stunning stamp and you choose a right stamp for black and white challenge
I love your B n W card, classic and I ADORE and may I ask your birthday Jane
I forgot where I ever wrote it down..
many thanks
Hugs
Monika

Deanne Saunders said...

Great card!!!Thanks so much for participating in our A BEAUTIFUL MESS challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Unknown said...

How fun to use a new stamp. Thanks for joining us at A Beautiful Mess, Heather

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Lovely CAS card..you have done a great job..Thank you for joining us at A Beautiful Mess. Love Deepti