Thursday 21 April 2016

Happy Birthday Ma'am

It can't have escaped your notice, if you live in the UK, that today is Queen Elizabeth II's 90th birthday. In fact you've probably heard about it even if you live elsewhere.

However she isn't the only lady to be celebrating a 90th birthday this year. In a couple of weeks' time, my Mum will also be having her 90th birthday, and here is the card I made for her. I thought I would share it today because it is so relevant to the day.


The embossed background is a Crafters Companion die, and all the other dies are from Creative Expressions' Sue Wilson collection apart from the numbers, which are Spellbinders Victorian Numbers.

4 comments:

Barb said...

What a wonderful card Jane and such a good idea to post it today. I add my good wishes to the Queen on her 90th Birthday and wish your Mum a Very Happy Birthday for her special day in a couple of weeks.

Your card really is a stunner. Barbxx

Cara said...

I'm guessing your Mum doesn't read your blog then! That is an absolutely stunning card, love all the texture in it. I hope your Mum has a very happy birthday in a couple of weeks. Cara x

Monika Reeck said...

so many lovely DIE CUTTING and so adorable colors
I dont think so your mom reading this post
soo beautiful 90 years old card
whattt 90???? and still healthy
woooow two thumbs up for your Mom Jane
she has long life thanks God and also healthy it is important Jane

Darnell said...

Happy 90th Birthday to your mum, Jane! You've made her a card worthy of such a milestone celebration!! And, yes, we had the Queen walking around on the telly here yesterday. Well, inside, not along the top. We also saw the 4-generation photo which is fabulous. Except I do think the Royal Family could have found something a little more artistic for the lad to stand on! Or how about gold bars? Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell