Tuesday 26 April 2016

Wood in the design at Cardz 4 Guyz

Our latest challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz is to use some wood in the design.

I've chosen to use wood two ways, a printed wood effect background paper and real wood in the form of the keys and frame, all from the Curiosity Corner range. The wooden frame is actually covered in patterned paper on the other side, so I have used the reverse to show the bare wood, with just a whisper of distress ink to soften the raw edges. I cut the wood panel and border from a 12 x 12 paper in the set - it was too big for my card, so I trimmed the border off, cut the wood panel to size and then stuck the border over the edges. I added a metal brad and key and some buttons for extra texture and colour.


5 comments:

Cara said...

Love the wood background, looks perfect on this card. Cara x

Liz said...

Great card, Jane, the wood paper looks real! Love that bunch of keys too.

I'm sure the weeks pass much quicker than they used to. I was all set to get my head round the Books or Book Paper theme, when I saw your card and realised I'd missed the deadline.......again! xx

Barb said...

Wow Jane, this is a stunner! Barbxx

Julie B said...

Love the paper and the wood embellishments. :)

Monika Reeck said...

woooowwww Jane
this is all lovely embellishemant
I adore all
the wood and the embelly
perfecto manly card
lovely design dear Jane
hugs
Monika