Friday 22 April 2016

Cats on the rooftops

Every cat owner - or neighbour of a cat owner - will know how dreadful a serenading tom cat sounds, especially at 2am when you are trying to sleep. And if you shout at them to shut up - they simply don't care. So today's card is dedicated to everyone who has ever lost sleep thanks to an over-musical moggy.

The brick wall is embossed using a Crafters Companion folder, and the stars, image (yes, it's yet  another of those fab Katzelkraft kitties) and sentiment are heat embossed. A scrap of textured card forms the top of the wall. I'm sure there's a technical term for the stones along the top of the wall, but I've no idea what it is.


I've made this card for the latest challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, where Edna wants us to show some embossing. I've embossed my little socks off with this one.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Fantastic! I LOVE it. Barbxx

Donna said...

Thanks for embossing your little socks off! The card is awesome! Love the howly kitty...yep...have experienced that more than once!!
Thanks so much for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for E is for Embossing (and EDNA!!)

Lindsey said...

Nothing I like better than all-out embossing goodness! Such a fun card. (And so very true. One of ours once discovered the special echo-y properties of yowling in the stairwell at 2 am...) Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Cara said...

Brilliant! He definitely looks like he's wailing his heart out. Great use of the wall embossing folder too. Cara x

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jane! Great design and I love the little moggy. I'm glad he doesn't live in MY street! xx

Lynne Mizera said...

This is JUST PERFECT! I love everything about it!!! Thanks for joining us over at the Sisterhood for Snarky Stampers this week!