Monday 18 April 2016

Happy Birthday CD Sundays!


Today is the 6th birthday of the blog The CD Sundays Challenge, where every make needs to include something from a craft CD.

I've not been playing for the whole 6 years - this blog has only just turned 4, and it took me a while to pluck up courage to start joining in challenges. In fact I was a "lurker" at CD Sundays for some time before joining in, because although I owned a few craft CDs I was never really sure what to do with them, I couldn't imagine anything beyond printing a background paper and topper and setting one on top of the other.

However by looking at the DT inspiration and entries to the challenge, I soon realised what valuable and versatile crafting tools CDs could be, and thanks to what I have learned through the challenge,  since joining it I've been privileged to spend a year on the La Pashe design team and 3 months as Guest Designer at CD Sundays itself. And my ever-growing store of CDs now gets regularly used, and not just for entering this particular challenge.

For the birthday celebrations, we have been asked to backlink to our favourite of all the cards we have made for the challenge. I spent most of yesterday re-reading my old blog posts, and ended up with a shortlist of a dozen posts, but one of them stood out as by far my favourite (and not just because I was awarded a top 3spot for it!)



You can find the original post here.

Why is it my favourite? Well, partly because I tend to struggle a lot with making anything pretty, but to me this is one of the prettiest things I've ever made, but mostly because it - and the whole post - reminds me of an amazing workshop I did with Debbie Moore at the Make It Show in Farnborough, where she showed us how to make all kinds of beautiful fancy fold cards with no measuring or calculations. It was a real inspiration and whenever I'm running out of ideas for making cards more interesting, I refer back to this post and it reminds me not only of the folds I used in it but of all the others she showed us.

A very happy birthday to CD Sundays and I hope there will be many more of them!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, love the othere one on your older post to, the folded cards are brilliant Debbs xx

Barb said...

It really is a beauty. I can see why it would be a favourite. The stepper card is also very lovely Jane. I'm not techie enough to try CDs. Barbxx

Carol said...

Hi Jane. What a wonderful post and thank you. You make some great cards and we were delighted that you joined us as a Guest Designer. Trawling through your CD Sunday postings was just what we hoped would happen and I love your final choice. As our Wynn loves any fold except a straight one I know she especially is going to love your choice. Good luck.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Design Team

Wynn said...

You are right there Carol . I loved this the first time round and remember it well as I've tried my best to do one too but not a successfully as you Jayne. Great post and so pleased you have joined us for of celebrations at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Cara said...

Lovely, I can see why this is your favourite. Cara x

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, love your images and layout, a lovely card you will remember for a long time
Margaret

Linby said...

I remember this beautiful creation the first time around - it's lovely.

sue-b said...

I loved this too and can see why it's your favorite, excellent chose Jane and thank you for joining in the celebrations , good luck.
sue-b DT xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous choice Jane, a brilliant design - such a beautiful card.
Pauline
x

Lynn said...

A lovely choice, and I love the layering of the doilies. I am in awe of Debbie when I watch her on Create and Craft. What, no ruler for measuring and cutting?! I wish I had her confidence. Lynn

Jocelyn said...

What a wonderful choice for this challenge. It is nice sometimes to have different shapes and folds and this is so pretty.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT