Monday 11 April 2016

Butterfly and Bronze


For this card I used a very old cardboard stencil and sponged Versamark ink through onto my card blank. Then with the stencil still in place, I used a cottonwool ball to press mica pearl powders in gold and copper through the stencil. After removing the stencil, I spritzed lightly with water to set the mica powders and give a slightly misty background to the squares.

When it was all dry I stamped the butterfly - an Indigo Blu stamp - and the sentiment - an ancient unmounted one whose origins I can't remember - and coloured them in with water based markers so as not to show through on the inside.

I am sharing this with

One Layer Simplicity - As you wish
Less is More - Geometric Shapes or Patterns
CAS Mix up - Stamping, stencilling and your choice  -mica pearl powders
AAA Cards - Anything Goes 




18 comments:

Esther said...

I love the colour of the butterfly! It's such a beautiful shade, and looks great against the bronze background. Fab card!

Lia said...

I think, making CAS cards is not easy, but every time you succeed in creating gorgeous ones.
I love it.
Lia xx

lilian said...

Great card I just love butterflies,

Lilian B

Cara said...

Love the crisp butterfly against the soft background. Cara x

Sid said...

Love the card and the 9 block centre !

Barb said...

It looks fantastic Jane. Barbxx

Greta said...

Beautifully designed & crafted, Jane--love this! I have an old stamp like that stencil--need to pull it out! PS--the key to die cutting felt is not to use an intricate die & not to use cheap craft felt. I bought MFT felt, but they've discontinued it. PTI has lots of colors that also cut great from what I hear & see. SSS now has felt, but it's way more expensive & doubt I'll get any of it. Wishing you a great week!

Sarah G said...

Love the bronze squares, Jane and the butterfly adds real depth - it looks more than one layer! Thank you for joining us at Less is More :)

Loll said...

WOW ... LOVE this card Jane! The mica powders on top of your sponging are so pretty, and I love how misting adds some visual texture and splatters. AWESOME!! Your butterfly is gorgeous. Beautiful shades of green that look amazing next to the copper and gold. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Coralynn Murray said...

Lovely card! The mica and the butterflies are beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Linby said...

Love the sheen on this card, a great take on the challenge.

Bonnie said...

This is the most amazing one layer card, Jane! Love those stenciled squares and I know they shimmer! Beautiful butterfly too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

I bet your card has a wonderful sheen to it Jane. Would love to see it in real life. It looks absolutely gorgeous in your photo.
Lovely to see you again at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Liz said...

Love the beauful butterfly and you've created lovely background for it. xx

Zoechaos said...

Hello Mrs Willis, fab card gorgeous colours. XOXO

Anne said...

What a stylish make Jane, love the vibrant colour of your butterfly
Thanks so much for taking part
Anne
"Less is More"

KandA said...

Fabulous card Jane. Love the colours and great one layer design xx

Chrissie said...

This looks great Jane, the squares are a great backdrop for the butterfly!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"