Sunday 10 April 2016

Karma Camellia

Here is yet another card inspired by last weekend's visit to the beautiful gardens at Nymans. There were lovely camellia bushes all over the gardens, although it is a little late in the year for them and many were past their best, but there were still some beautiful colours to be seen. I thought they looked best of all in the circular garden, where there were swathes of really deep purple-red Snakeshead Fritillaries around them, such an unusual and excitingly different colour for spring,  and the ground was littered with perfectly skeletonised leaves.

It's a very long time since I used any of my skeleton leaf stash, but I dug them out along with a tiny scrap of hand-made patterned paper that echoed the colours in the fritillaries to combine with an old unmounted camellia stamp (Personal Expressions, possibly?) to make this card.


I am sharing this with

Crafty Gals Corner - Colour Palette Challenge
Clear it out challenge - Springtime/add a flower

5 comments:

Cara said...

Love the layering up on this card, stunning. Your post title made me laugh too! Cara x

Sarn said...

Beautiful card Jane. Love all the card candi and the skeleton leaf beneath the focal image.
YES . . . I am forcing you to shop. WH Smiths have HALF PRICE acrylic paper pads (and other stuff) at the moment. I chose the 10 x 7" pad because the "grain" was bigger on the larger pad and I thought the smaller grain would be easier to stamp on to. I sprayed lots of ink on my Acrylic Paper and it didn't sink through to the other side. GO FOR IT!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Judy V said...

Pretty card! Thanks girl joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

Barb said...

A very pretty card Jane. A lovely flower and it's good to see a skeleton leaf again. It makes a lovely addition to your card. Barbxx

CreaMelanie said...

Very stunning card. I really like the dark paper you used behind your image. It make the flower really pop out. Thank you for joining the crafty gals corner challenge.
Hugs, Melanie DT