Tuesday 19 April 2016

Cuddly Robins

In my experience, robins aren't terribly cuddly, they are very solitary birds and very possessive of their territory. We have a "garden robin" and woe betide any other robin that dares to stray onto his patch - except at mating season, of course! So OK, we'll pretend that Christmas is mating season (hence the mistletoe sprig!)  and get on with the card.....


I made this using a 3-D decoupage sheet printed out from a CD that came with a craft magazine a couple of Christmases ago - I printed it as soon as I got the magazine so now I can't recall which magazine or CD it was. The scalloped borders are actually the waste from when I die cut the waves for my Jonah and the Whale card. with a spot of blue Liquid pearls added to each scallop. I'm continuing with my one-woman campaign to revive peel-offs, at least until those of us with a huge stash of them have had chance to clear the backlog, although I do wish the "Seasons Greetings" sentiment didn't look as if it said Seazonz Greetingz!

I am sharing this with

Winter Wonderland - Pink or Blue 
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Cute

5 comments:

Barb said...

A sweet little "friendly" robin card Jane. Good use of pee loffs too hehe. Barbxx

Cara said...

Cute card, love the peel off mission! Maybe I ought to drag some of mine out of the box. Cara x

Alison said...

This is lovely, Jane. The image is adorable and the layout is fantastic. I had to laugh at your comment that Seasons Greetings looked like Seazonz Greetingz. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
Alison x

Plony said...

A very sweet card...Thanx for joining us at Winter Wonderland, xxx Plony

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 277 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for April - I'd love to see it there too x