Saturday 30 April 2016

Happy Birthday Holly

Tomorrow, Mayday, is granddaughter Holly's fourth birthday. Since a family holiday in the Lake District last summer, which included a visit to the World of Beatrix Potter attraction in Windermere, she has been in love with Beatrix Potter's books. Her favourite is The Tale Of Peter Rabbit and she specially requested a Peter Rabbit themed birthday party this year, so I used images, decoupage and papers from Crafter's Companion's Beatrix Potter CD-ROM (the one I used is a sampler from Create & craft, I believe the full version has even more wonderful designs on it) to recreate some of her favourite moments from the book.
 
 



I am sharing this with C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Inspired by a book  and Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes

6 comments:

Sue - said...

Holly has excellent taste then as I used to love reading Peter Rabbit to my boys when they were that age. I'm sure she will love your gorgeous card.

Unknown said...

I knew the story all the way through and Mum used to stop in places and I'd carry on the story (or so I'm told)!

Cara said...

Perfect card. I forgot that I have the CD-ROM you mentioned, must have a play with it. I was lucky to be able to get the coloured 50p silver proof coin when it came out. I thought it was expensive at £55, but they're selling on eBay for several hundred pounds now. Peter Rabbit is obviously more popular than I thought! Cara x

Brenda said...

Peter Rabbit brings back fond memories for me also. You card is lovely and just a glance took me back in time. Wonderful card, I'm sure your granddaughter will be thrilled with it! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge!

Lisa Mensing said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at Crafty Gals Corner Anything Goes Challenge. Lisa DT

Aunty Sue said...

oh wow this is stunning and thanks for sharing at Craft this week.