Monday 19 September 2016

a bit of upcycling

A few days ago I bought a couple of bottles of flavoured olive oil. They were delivered in a rather smart gift pack made from fine corrugated kraft card.

 
Notice how the divider between the bottles is made by cutting two little doors and pushing them inwards?

Well, push them outwards again and you have two ready-made doors to use on cards! I've used one of them to make this card - a brad makes the door handle, and when the door opens, the party boy is ready and waiting inside to greet his guests!




The image and sentiment are both from a sheet of stamps that came with a now-discontinued magazine a few years ago. I stamped the boy onto a separate piece of paper, rather than directly on to the card, partly to make sure he was properly lined up and partly because I wanted to colour him with Promarkers, which would have shown on the inside of the card. I've tried to make the shadows on his clothes look as they would if the door was casting a shadow.

I am sharing this with AAA Cards Game #73 - Upcycling 

5 comments:

Barb said...

Fantastic! I love it. Great recycling! Barbxx

Jane said...

Such a fabulous up cycle, love it! Thanks for playing at AAA cards.

cotnob said...

Such a fun card Jane, great recycling.
Pauline
x

Cara said...

Genius! What a great idea love it. Cara x

Lindsey said...

First I learn you're a Douglas Adams fan and now I find out we have seeing packaging as card inspiration in common! :D This is such a fun card with the up cycled doorway.